[U-Boot-Users] RxD, environment in flash not loaded...

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Nov 14 17:02:33 CET 2003

In message <r02000200-1028-14EE2AEE16B811D8A55500039387ACB6@[10.0.1.1]> you wrote:

> Since I haven't got any feedback for the serial receive problem I
> tried many combination of settings and finally decided to hardcode
> in "bootcmd" which shows version and flinfo...
>
> After that the serial receiving on SCC2 is working...

You mean by pre-defining the bootcmd setting you solved a SCC2 problem? Really??

> Also strange is that with CFG_ENV_IS_IN_FLASH defined it didn't
> say anything about wrong crc. But it is saving the environment
> settings correctly to flash...

Where is the problem? With an embedded environment U-Boot is expected
to build a valid CRC checksum, too.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by  at  least
one instruction - from which, by induction, one can deduce that every
program can be reduced to one instruction which doesn't work.