[U-Boot-Users] Linux for the MPC5200...

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 17 09:00:06 CET 2003

In message <Law10-F110B0Xn2Pi1Y00000617 at hotmail.com> you wrote:
> I see that the Motorola 5200Lite eval board has been added to u-boot and
> that DENX is providing a Linux kernel for the MPC5200.

Right.

> What bits are required to get to the next step? I am very interested in the
> IDE port on the 5200Lite. Is it supported? Would a full 603e Linux

IDE is working - a long as you  don't  try  to  enable  DMA.  We  are
working on this.

> (Yellowdog?) work once the 5200 kernel was up?

I don't know if the YD installer would work on a 5200;  I  doubt  it.
But  if  you  attach a harddisk with YDL already on it and configured
correctly (serial console only, no Mac-specific hardware)  it  should
work.

> What I would really like is to get the 5200lite up as a full, self-hosted,
> PowerPC Linux development system.

You already get this using the ELDK (which is based on YDL, btw.).

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Business is like a wheelbarrow. Nothing ever happens until you  start
pushing.