[U-Boot-Users] Ethernet on PPC Ebony not working

Srikanth Sherman sri at technovare.com
Thu Nov 20 00:17:53 CET 2003

Hello,

I got u-boot 0.4.0 up and running on the Ebony PPC440GP development board.
Everything works great except for the Ethernet.  The link light in
ON, but I can't seem to ping out (which, after searching the list, it seems
at
least one other person also couldn't ping) or download any code (TFTP) onto
the  board through the Ethernet.  I ran Ethereal and didn't even see any
ARP packets from the board.

I know my setup is OK because if I switch to the IBM Monitor program
then I can use the Ethernet without any problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!