[U-Boot-Users] gcc print-libgcc-file-name

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 9 00:54:46 CEST 2003

In message <1B1B671D73FED2119B1000A0C9B8A9600108EC83 at ORBNET> you wrote:
> The path to libgcc.a may be different based on gcc options. For
> example:
> In the top-level Makefile, it seems the following would be
> preferred:
>
> PLATFORM_LIBS += -L $(shell dirname `$(CC) $(PLATFORM_CPPFLAGS)
> -print-libgcc-file-name`) -lgcc
> The preferred  works fine for the port I'm working on ... but
> I'm concerned about causing problems for other architectures/boards.

This has already been addresses in a patch by David Müller of 22  Sep
which I checked in today.

I think this solves the problem. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The so-called "desktop metaphor" of today's workstations  is  instead
an  "airplane-seat"  metaphor.  Anyone who has shuffled a lap full of
papers while seated between two portly passengers will recognize  the
difference -- one can see only a very few things at once.
                                                   - Fred Brooks, Jr.