[U-Boot-Users] Support for ALTERA FPGAs

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 13 09:44:58 CEST 2003

Dear Steven,

in message <3F8A483B.1040807 at imc-berlin.de> you wrote:

> > You add "altera.o" which is already present in the list of objects ?
> > [Also you ignore ordering :-( ]
>
> Oops.
>
> I've overseen the altera.o.
> And I did not know that order here is important!
> Why is it?

For esthetical reasons,  and  and  easo  of  work,  and  reliability.
Searching an item or verifying if it already exists is much easier if
such lists are kept sorted.

> Why was altera at.o the beginning of the list?
> Is it in alphabetical order?

Indeed.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
How long does it take a  DEC  field  service  engineer  to  change  a
lightbulb?       It depends on how many bad ones he brought with him.