[U-Boot-Users] u/zImage and 64360

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 16 14:49:16 CEST 2003

In message <3F8E88C3.9030509 at il.marvell.com> you wrote:

>     With U-Boot, "normal" build targets like "zImage" or "bzImage" are
>     not used. If you use recent kernel source, a new build target
>     "uImage" will exist which .... "
>
>     Does it means I can't load a zImage of the kernel by using the tftp???

Strictly speaking: yes, you can load it.

But to boot an image you will need to convert it as  described  using
the "mkimage" tool.

> 2. Does anyone knows if there is already a u-boot version for the
> Marvell 64360 boards??

The Marvell 64360 is not a processor nor a board.

AFAIK there is only support for some boards using the 64260

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Yes, it is written.  Good shall always destroy evil.
	-- Sirah the Yang, "The Omega Glory", stardate unknown