[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot and PPC

Srikanth Sherman sri at technovare.com
Thu Oct 23 20:03:37 CEST 2003

Hello,

I just found this list, so please bear with me if my questions are basic.

I'd like to use the 440GX (or 440GP) so I got the ELDK and U-Boot 0.4.
The ELDK doesn't specifically say that it supports the 440 series,  do you
know if anyone has been successfuly in building 440 binaries using ELDK?
Also, I've never used U-Boot before, but I'm *assuming* that once I get
U-Boot running on my board, I can just load up the application built with
ELDK (assuming of course the it can build 440 compatible binaries) and
it should work?  Am I completely missing something here?  Intially, I just
want to get a simple "hello world" program working (ie, not attempting to
boot Linux yet)

Thanks very much for your time!

Sri