[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot 0.4.0 on MBX with MPC821?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 24 21:45:00 CEST 2003

Dear Costel,

in message <E1ACgok-0007oZ-00 at config8.kundenserver.de> you wrote:

> I'm trying to get U-Boot running on a Motorola MBX821-001 board.
> But up to now i couldn't manage it.

Ummm.. the MPC821 is prehistoric, and  full  of  silicon  errors.  No
attampt  was  ever  made  to  use  such  old hardware with PPCBoot or
U-Boot.

> Has anyone successfully got U-Boot (or PPCboot) running on a MPC821 (or
> better
> on MBX821-001)?? Any hints or suggestions?

A well-meaning suggestion: dump that board, and get yourself
something that actually works.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
You can't have everything... where would you put it?  - Steven Wright