[U-Boot-Users] how to modify my ld scripts--the detail!

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 27 11:21:33 CET 2003

Dear Joe,

in message <20031027101440.84892.qmail at web41110.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> This is my scripts
>         . = ALIGN(4);
>         .bss : { *(.bss) }
>
>          . = ALIGN(76 * 1024);

This _alignes_ on a 76 kB boundary (which makjes absolutely no  sense
to me), but it does not _place_ the segment at a certain address.

> #define #define CFG_ENV_ADDR            (PHYS_FLASH_1
> + 0x13000)
>
> Is it wrong?  What i need to do?

Calculate result=PHYS_FLASH_1+0x13000 and use ". =  result"  in  your
linker script.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
When you say "I wrote a program that crashed  Windows",  people  just
stare  at you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, *for
free*".        - Linus Torvalds in <3itc77$9lj at ninurta.fer.uni-lj.si>