[U-Boot-Users] U-boot automatic selection of redundant ethernet interfaces?

Mark Doherty mdoherty at arca-technologies.com
Mon Oct 27 16:11:35 CET 2003

Hello u-boot-users,

First a bit of background, I am using a custom processor board (similar to
the ep8260) which has u-boot-0.4.0 running very nicely on it. The board has
two ethernet interfaces which provide functionality like network address
translation etc.

Both interfaces are configured correctly, I know this as I have been using
fcc2 and have only recently enabled fcc1 which is now the main port for the
system. Now that both interfaces are configured I find that I can only use
fcc1 for activities such as tftp etc. I have configured different eth
addresses for both ports but I can't seem to get the system to use fcc2
rather than fcc1.The README does state that "u-boot is capable of automatic
selection of an interface when needed", but I've not had much luck finding
more information.

Any takers?

Regards

Mark Doherty.