[U-Boot-Users] disable serial console?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 27 17:28:44 CET 2003

Dear Michael,

in message <333727B8-0894-11D8-AEB8-00039390D626 at pepper.com> you wrote:
> Is there a way to completely disable the serial console?  I am having

Which   sort   of   processor   is   this?   On    8xx    there    is
CONFIG_8xx_CONS_NONE,  on  other  boards you can probably do the same
using CONFIG_SILENT_CONSOLE and/or CFG_CONSOLE_INFO_QUIET

> trouble with my serial debug port and I can not get past the code that
> tries to read off the port.

I don;t think it is wise to ignore easy problems and  try  to  go  on
running  into  more  complicated  ones. Better solve problems step by
step. Don't continue if you cannot initialize a simple device like an
UART. Just my $0.02.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Why don't you have a Linux partition installed so you can be  working
in  a  programmer-friendly environment instead of a keep-gates'-bank-
account-happy one? :-)                            -- Tom Christiansen