[U-Boot-Users] My problem is solved in this way!

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Oct 28 09:23:57 CET 2003

Dear Joe,

in message <20031028021921.52265.qmail at web41114.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

>     My problem of ld scripts has been solved!I make

No, it aint. It's just hidden now.

> two
> mistake.  1. The enviroment file is
> common/env_common.o
> not common/enviroment.o

Wrong.  common/env_common.o  contains   code   and   the   (constant,
read-only) DEFAULT environment.

The environment itself is represented by common/enviroment.o

> 2. The arm seem can't use ppcenv but text.

Wrong again. Some ARM boards use  it,  for  example  the  TRAB  board
configuration.  You  will have to add your board to the list #defined
in common/enviroment.c though.

>     I use the scripts below and put the enviroment
> parameter in right room. Thanks!

This does NOT do what you think it does. Did you ever  try  "saveenv"
in  U-Boot? It should show you pretty clearly that your configuration
is broken.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
It would be illogical to assume that all conditions remain stable
	-- Spock, "The Enterprise" Incident", stardate 5027.3