[U-Boot-Users] Re: [Question About NAND BOOT In SMDK2410

Woodruff, Richard r-woodruff2 at ti.com
Wed Oct 29 04:34:43 CET 2003

There are a few processors which actually can "boot" from NAND.  The
OMAP161x is one such processor.  It has hardware NAND support for ECC and
fetching this along with some microcode in an internal mask ROM (on chip)
can load up and execute code contained in Nand for boot.

http://siliconvalley.internet.com/news/print.php/2224021

There is also a couple "integrated" chips which also allow booting from a
"mainly" a nand device, like disk on chip and SuperNAND.

http://www.m-sys.com/Content/Products/mobileDocPlusDiagram.asp

As for what the SMDK2410 board is capable of, I have no idea.

Regards,

Richard W.