[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot-1.0.0 released

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 31 15:04:29 CET 2003

In message <71555548814716479478431542AA5F8A058F79 at dlee2k98.ent.ti.com> you wrote:
> Merged and tried, and works as expected on my ARM board. Thanks for the
> effort.  What prompted the jump to 1.0.0 ?

The U-Boot project is one year old now. Looking back at which sort of
errors have been repoerted lately, it seems clear to me  that  U-Boot
has  long  left  the  "beta" stage and can be considered "production"
quality. It is in use in many commercial systems, even flying in  the
ISS.  So  I  felt it was only fair to acknowledge the mature state by
using a 1.x.x release number.

Which does not mean that there are no bugs or problems left  to  fix,
or features or more CPU / board support to add.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"The History of every  major  Galactic  Civilization  tends  to  pass
through  three  distinct  and recognizable phases, those of Survival,
Inquiry and Sophistication, otherwise known as the How, Why and Where
phases. "For instance,  the  first  phase  is  characterized  by  the
question  'How  can  we  eat?'  the second by the question 'Why do we
eat?' and the third by the question 'Where shall we have lunch?'"
- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy