[U-Boot-Users] Re: Motorola PPC827x

Yuli Barcohen yuli at arabellasw.com
Fri Oct 31 16:33:29 CET 2003

>>>>> Matias Sundman writes:

Matias> I have a PQ2FADS_VR ( ppc8275 ) board from motorola which
has a 66000000 Hz clock.
Matias> Is it worthwhile to insert this anomaly to the u-boot
code? I have done changes
Matias> in MPC8260ADS.h file in order to make it run for me.

What do you mean by "anomaly"? If the only thing you had to change
is clock frequency, I'd say it's OK.
My MPC8260ADS board, for example, uses 40MHz clock so I too have
to change the default value.
I tried to set default values to the frequencies of the
oscillators the boards are shipped with. MPC826xADS
are shipped with 66MHz clock while PQ2FADS-ZU is shipped with
100MHz. PQ2FADS-VR is shipped
with 66MHz clock because VR chips are limited to 66MHz frequency.
It's the only difference between ZU
and VR boards. Do you think we have to create additional
CFG_ADSTYPE for VR boards to handle this
difference? Changing clock in MPC8260ADS.h looks simpler.
======
      Yuli Barcohen       | Phone +972-9-765-1788 |  Software
Project Leader
 yuli at arabellasw.com | Fax     +972-9-765-7494 | Arabella
Software, Israel