[U-Boot-Users] the way to port uboot to new board-- Is this right?

jiangjie at nudt.edu.cn jiangjie at nudt.edu.cn
Thu Sep 4 09:28:05 CEST 2003

Hi folks,
  I have read some source code and have a rough
understanding of the
startup sequence of uboot.Correcet me if I am wrong.
Now,take uboot on arm7 as example:

in cpu/arm7/start.S:
	when reset,CPU starts from the reset entry.
    the reset routine first init CPU to SVC mode;
	then relocate itself into RAM and after that
execute from start_armboot() in lib_arm/board.c

in start_arboot(),all the init work done here mainly in
init_sequence[].
according to README in the toplevel in the uboot source
tree,
"   In your board directory, you will need at least
    the "Makefile", a "<board>.c", "flash.c" and "u-
boot.lds"."

Does it means in my <board>.c ,flash.c, I just need to
provide the functions needed by  init_sequence[]?

BTW:
	how to understand u-boot.lds file?