[U-Boot-Users] u-boot debugging boot with gdb and bdi2000 in lubbock(PXA255) board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Sep 4 14:23:03 CEST 2003

Dear Juan,

in message <3F57233D.8060305 at nabla-designs.com> you wrote:

> My steps to debug the booter:
> 	o I've modified the config.mk file to enable the debug options
> 	    DBGFLAGS = -g -DDEBUG.
> 	   ( I haven't a u-boot.lds.debug for my board (lubbock). Do I need it ?)

If the code still links you don;t  need  it.  With  some  board  with
embedded  environment  you  need  to  use  a different arrangement of
object files in the image as sizes grow due to debugging code.

> 	o Start my target, the jtag debugger is configured to stop the execution.
> My question is, How can I debug the code __before__ the start_armboot
> function ?  I would like to debug the assembler code from the first

Use "reset halt" and/or "startup reset" to stop the CPU right out  of
reset.

> instruction ( I can do this with the jtag debugger but I can't see the
> related source instruction in the gdb ).

AFter reset, you can single step on instruction level ("si"  in  GDB)
and  display  the  current  assembler code by defining a display like
"d/i $pc"

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
There is only one way to console a widow.  But remember the risk.
                                                   -- Robert Heinlein