[U-Boot-Users] PXA (XScale) memory layout

Robert Schwebel robert at schwebel.de
Thu Sep 11 17:21:53 CEST 2003

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 04:02:52PM +0200, Anders Larsen wrote:
> is there any particular reason why the PXA uses a different memory
> layout than the other ARMs?

The boards I have ported use the memory layout which is documented in
the README. Unfortunately, due to historical reasons the old ARMboot
code uses another scheme and nobody had the time to fix this "the right
way".

> It seems to be causing a certain amount of grief (and dirty workarounds,
> like e.g. in board/wepep250/wepep250.c lines 43..53) that
> cpu/pxa/start.S places stack (and heap) below the code instead of above.

My -ptx patches have a hack for this, but I agree with Wolfgang that
somebody should fix it correctly instead of applying workarounds...

Robert
     Hornemannstraße 12,  31137 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4