[U-Boot-Users] Changes to NAND flash handling

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Sep 11 21:47:50 CEST 2003

Hi,

I don't really like the way how NAND flash is handled right  now.  Ii
is  inconsistent  with  the  handling  of other types of memory. I've
changed the behaviour now so that it looks more like what we get  for
other types of memory (RAM, flash), i. e. for example it now prints:

	Board: PPChameleon EVB SN PPCN 310300 A8
	I2C:   ready
	DRAM:  32 MB
	FLASH:  4 MB
	NAND:  32 MB
	Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0

I tried to modify all affected boards, but I cannot test it. Will the
board maintainers please  have  a  look  and  complain  (and/or  send
patches) if my changes broke anything?

The new stuff is checked in now.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"If you own a machine, you are in turn owned by it,  and  spend  your
time serving it..."    - Marion Zimmer Bradley, _The Forbidden Tower_