[U-Boot-Users] Conditional 'hush' script examples anyone?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Sep 14 23:59:51 CEST 2003

Dear Robin,

in message <3F64E06D.6000500 at tait.co.nz> you wrote:

> According to sourceforge, 0.4.0 is the latest stable release and less
> than 3 months old. Not ancient (compared to say the kernel update cycle)

Development of U-Boot happens pretty fast. _Many_ people  contribute,
and DENX is running quite a lot of projects, too.

> but the only thing that many people would consider using rather than an
> unstable* version from CVS - assuming of course they can get anything

There has never been a forma declaration of whatis  stable  and  what
not.   Normally   you   can  consider  each  version  tagges  with  a
U-Boot-X_Y_Z label as "stable".

> from sf CVS!!

I am aware of this problem. There is little I can do about it. But  I
regularly put tarballs of the "minor releases" on our FTP server; see
ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/u-boot/

> Perhaps its time for another stable release that is easier to
> patch/merge against if nothing else :-))

Well, we're preparing for something, but it will take a  little  more
time.

> * a matter of definition - but if its not stable it _must_ necessarily
> be unstable :-((

Has there ever been any "stable" software? Isn't "stable software" an
oxymoron per se?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Real programmers don't comment their code. It was hard to  write,  it
should be hard to understand.