[U-Boot-Users] Conditional 'hush' script examples anyone?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Sep 15 00:09:15 CEST 2003

Dear Robert,

in message <20030914215029.GB17921 at pengutronix.de> you wrote:

> Wolfgang, could you make an announcement from time to time on this list
> when you make a release? I noticed it almost by accident recently.

Releases, i. e. increments of X or Y in the  U-Boot-X_Y_Z  CVS  tags,
have always been announced here, and will be. The "minor" releases on
our  FTP  server  are merely snapshots to help work around the access
and delay problems to SF's CVS server.

I think there is two groups of people on this mailing list: users and
developers. For users, the "major releases" are perfectly OK to  use.
Developers  usually  can use the top-of-tree version from CVS. Except
for a very few cases I always run a certain set of tests before  ever
checking  in  code  to the public CVS server. This is good enough for
99% of all developers. If you feel unsafe with that, you  can  use  a
tagged  version; if you need even more reliability you can use one of
the "minor releases" tagged as U-Boot-X_Y_Z (with  snapshots  on  our
FTP server).

If you're interested in the  development,  watch  the  CVS.  I  don't
intend to announce each and every check-in. If you like, you can, for
example, "cvs watch add CHANGELOG".

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
He had been eight years upon a project for extracting sunbeams out of
cucumbers, which were to be put in vials hermetically sealed, and let
out to warm the air in raw inclement summers.        - Jonathan Swift
              _Gulliver's Travels_ ``A Voyage to Laputa, etc.'' ch. 5