[U-Boot-Users] data abort

Glenson Muthedan glenson at gmx.de
Mon Sep 15 13:04:50 CEST 2003

Hello everybody!

First of all thanks to Wolfgang Denk and Robert Schwebel for the helpful
instructions to get started with U-Boot and BDI2000.

Now, I've a new problem: When U-Boot starts I can see following outsputs
  through "cu", before the system stops due to a data abort.
(My board: PXA250, 32MB SDRAM, 32MB Strataflash, etc.)

U-Boot 0.4.0 (Sep 15 2003 - 12:09:08)

U-Boot code: A1FE0000 -> A1FF5728  BSS: -> A1FF6BD4
DRAM Configuration:
Bank #0: a0000000 32 MB
Flash: 32 MB
data abort
undefined instruction
undefined instruction
undefined instruction

I put some printf-lines(beginning with GM) in the soucecode to see where
the execution stops. Here, my debug-output:

U-Boot 0.4.0 (Sep 15 2003 - 12:23:05)

U-Boot code: A1FE0000 -> A1FF5870  BSS: -> A1FF6D1C
DRAM Configuration:
Bank #0: a0000000 32 MB
Flash: 32 MB

  GM: lib_arm/board.c; entering devices_init()

  GM: common/devices.c; entering ListCreate()

  GM: common/lists.c; after 'list = (list_t) (NewHandle (sizeof
(ListStruct)))'
  GM: common/lists.c;  list = 0badc108
  GM: common/lists.c; *list = a1ff10a0
data abort
prefetch abort
prefetch abort
prefetch abort
prefetch abort

If I understand right, this exception occurs due to access to the
contents of the created list. For example at the line(lists.c:
ListCreate): (*list)->numItems = 0;

Why does this happen? I'm quite sure that my Flash and SDRAM are working
properly. Can somebody suggest a way to workaround this problem?

Thanks.
Glenson Muthedan.