[U-Boot-Users] SDRAM Table for K4561633C - RL 75

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 16 17:50:26 CEST 2003

Dear Raghu,

in message <20030916132728.66509.qmail at web40404.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I have a board that has Samsung K4S561633C - RL75
> SDRAM. Two chips of ( 32 Mbit each total of 64MByte )
>
> I want the sdram_table[] parameters, where can I get
> them ?

You provide far too less information.  Which  sort  of  processor  is
this?  What  is  your  processor clock? Which bus clock is your board
capable of? Are there any other devices on the bus that may influence
the bus speed?

Finally, if you should use some 8xx or 82xx  processor,  please  note
that  you CANNOT just copy a UPM table from one board and expect that
it will run on another board, too. To correctly initialize the  SDRAM
on a board you need MORE than just the UPM table.

> The same chip is used in wepep250 board for ARM
> architecture, but I could not locate the SDRAM table.

Each memory controller is different; what works on system A  may  not
be applied without thinking on system B.

No matter  if  you  find  a  similar  board  or  not,  there  is  one
unavoidable step in this part: you must first understand exactly what
you are doing.

All of this has been discussed before on this list. Many times.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
There are no data that cannot be plotted on a straight  line  if  the
axis are chosen correctly.