[U-Boot-Users] New board...

Holger Schurig h.schurig at mn-logistik.de
Wed Sep 17 13:17:03 CEST 2003

> know what to do with it - can I push it to you for inclusion in U-Boot
> (although we do not sell the naked board) or must I follow the
> provisions of the GPL (e.g. ship the source code with the device)?

You don't have to include the source with every shipped device. You could
instead include a letter ("a written offer") explaining how and where
they can get the source:

From u-boot/COPYING:

    b) Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three
    years, to give any third party, for a charge no more than your
    cost of physically performing source distribution, a complete
    machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code, to be
    distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium
    customarily used for software interchange; or,