[U-Boot-Users] watchdog reset in mpc824x timer interrupt.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Sep 18 10:22:26 CEST 2003

Dear Gleb,

in message <20030916120707.GA3629 at nbase.co.il> you wrote:

>  The attached patch moves most of the things related to timer interrupt to
> ppc_lib/interrupts.c leaving only cpu specific code in cpu/$(CPU)/interrupts.c
>
> I only checked it on MPC8245. It works for me.
>
> Can you look at the patch please.
>
> CHANGELOG:
> Move most of the things related to timer interrupt to ppc_lib/interrupts.c

You do much more than just this. I appreciate most of  your  cleanup,
but I have a few requests:

* Please don't  create  a  new  (and  undocumented!!)  config  option
  CONFIG_ACTIVITY_MONITOR  -  we  already  have  CONFIG_SHOW_ACTIVITY
  which serves exactly this purpose. I see no need for a new option.

* Instead of just collecting common stuff in a common file you change
  interfaces here and there. Can you please describe  these  changes,
  and the reasons for them.

* Please keep existing Copyright notices in place.

Can you please rework your patch and resubmit it? Thanks.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
If you fail to plan, plan to fail.