[U-Boot-Users] Re: Patch s3c2410 nand-boot.

Woodruff, Richard r-woodruff2 at ti.com
Sat Sep 20 15:57:33 CEST 2003

The CONFIG_OMAP1510 defines in cmd_nand.c aren't really CPU specific, they
are NAND specific (for NAND parts which have their WP pins hooked up).  It
happens that our design hooked them up to a BIU signal which matched up to
its functionality.

Woodhouse had indicated to me that the general NAND MTD code would be
changing to handle the selective control of the WP signal also as other
devices are showing up with it connected.  I think he said the parts he had
previously worked with just globally disabled the wp function.

Those defines should probably be renamed and inlined like the other control
pin def's.

I still need to put a patch in as write_oob won't work from the command line
interface if the WP pin is enabled.

Regards,

Richard W.