[U-Boot-Users] Startup for ARM boards?

Marius Groeger mag at sysgo.de
Wed Sep 24 17:41:38 CEST 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Steven Scholz wrote:

> Robert Schwebel wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 12:12:01PM +0200, Steven Scholz wrote:
> >
> >>I will have a AT91RM9200 based board real soon now. But apparently the
> >>eval board AT91RM9200DK uses a different approach. They have a
> >>separate urloader to decompress and copy an U-Boot image into RAM and
> >>then jump there...
> >

> > Well, then you probably should replace this urloader by U-Boot ;)

Actually this "urloader" is called Thunderboot and is a ripped version
of ARMboot (a practice which seems to be quite fashionable these
days.)  I never got round to asking them for the sources, nor do I
understand why they concealed it so pathetically :-) The flash images
even contain references to ARMboot. Maybe you want to have a go at
them?

Regards,
Marius

--
Marius Groeger <mgroeger at sysgo.de>
Software Engineering

SYSGO Real-Time Solutions AG | Embedded and Real-Time Software
Am Pfaffenstein 14
55270 Klein-Winternheim, Germany

Voice: +49-6136-9948-0 | FAX: +49-6136-9948-10
www.sysgo.de | www.elinos.com | www.osek.de