[U-Boot-Users] I can't boot linux with CONFIG_CMDLINE_TAG

Marius Groeger mag at sysgo.de
Fri Sep 26 08:15:44 CEST 2003

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Sangwoo Jin wrote:

> First, i have boot linux successfully without CONFIG_CMDLINE_TAG.
> But. with CONFIG_CMDLINE_TAG i can't boot linux.
>
> With CONFIG_CMDLINE_TAG, i can see the following log, and linux may hang
>
> "Starting kernel ..."

First thing I'd do would be to examine the log_buf array after
resetting the board. This is where all the early kernel printk's go
before the serial driver spits them out on the console. To do this,
grep the (virtual) address of log_buf from your kernel's System.map
and use uboot's "md" command to look into log_buf. Fortunately, on you
platform this virtual address corresponds to the same physical
address.

Regards,
Marius

--
Marius Groeger <mgroeger at sysgo.de>
Software Engineering

SYSGO Real-Time Solutions AG | Embedded and Real-Time Software
Am Pfaffenstein 14
55270 Klein-Winternheim, Germany

Voice: +49-6136-9948-0 | FAX: +49-6136-9948-10
www.sysgo.de | www.elinos.com | www.osek.de