[U-Boot-Users] mtest

himbA goavr at email.si
Fri Apr 2 14:03:49 CEST 2004

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> Sorry, my crystal ball is in dire need of an ectoplasmic upgrade. :-)

:)

OK, I did some more research - my SDRAM config is
PHYS_SDRAM_1            0xa0000000
PHYS_SDRAM_1_SIZE       0x04000000
CFG_DRAM_BASE           0xa0000000
CFG_DRAM_SIZE           0x04000000

those memory errors mentioned in earlier post do
not appear if I change CFG_MEMTEST_END from
0xa3efffff (- 63M) to 0xa3dfffff (- 62M).
CFG_MEMTEST_START = 0xa0100000 (1M -). In
config.mk TEXT_BASE = 0xa3f00000.

at bootup uboot displays
U-Boot code: A3F00000 -> A3F177B8  BSS: -> A3F1BAD8

Is there some uboot relevant stuff between
0xa3efffff - 0xa3dfffff that I run over when doing
mtest on all 63Mb? Code and stack seem to be safe.

regards, himba
--
..because under Linux "if something is possible in
principle,