[U-Boot-Users] mtest

himbA goavr at email.si
Fri Apr 2 17:46:55 CEST 2004

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <406D56A5.2090102 at email.si> you wrote:
>
>>at bootup uboot displays
>>U-Boot code: A3F00000 -> A3F177B8  BSS: -> A3F1BAD8
>>
>>Is there some uboot relevant stuff between
>>0xa3efffff - 0xa3dfffff that I run over when doing
>>mtest on all 63Mb? Code and stack seem to be safe.
>

> What do you think where the stack and the malloc  arena  is  in  your
> configuration?

I thought code starts at _TEXT_BASE (0xA3F00000)
and stack is from  0xA3F177B8 to 0xA3F1BAD8
(u-boot header display suggested so). Your
question was in place and I checked the start.S
once again to find out that after reset and
relocate we setup stack below _TEXT_BASE and not
above. I corrected the CFG_MEMTEST_END to be just
below malloc and stack.

  Thanks!

regards, himba

--
..because under Linux "if something is possible in
principle,