[U-Boot-Users] Ethernet and detecting MAC addresses

Dave Peverley dpeverley at mpc-data.co.uk
Wed Apr 7 13:18:04 CEST 2004

AFAICT from the source I'm using (1.0.2) none of the ethernet drivers
bother with detecting their own MAC address (if available) and rather
rely on hard/soft coded addresses. Is this an intentional by design, or
just something unimplemented as yet? If this is something I can implement
for our board here, does anyone have pointers for where is best to splice
it in without upsetting anyone? :-) I already have a really untidy rough
and ready hack that we use internally to do this that works, but I'd like
to implement properly if possible.

Best Wishes,

Dave Peverley