[U-Boot-Users] IceCube target names to be unified?

Mark Jonas mark.jonas at motorola.com
Tue Apr 13 14:28:06 CEST 2004

Dear IceCube users,

>looking at the U-Boot Makefile one can see that there are lot of redundant targets for the Lite5200 / IceCube boards. Is there some reason for this legacy or would cleaning it up help?

As I heard no objections against my proposal to unify the IceCube
(Lite5xxx) target naming scheme I prepared a patch implementing it - in
a slightly modified form staying a little closer to the original. After
applying the patch the following targets are available:

icecube_5200_config
icecube_5200_LOWBOOT_config
icecube_5200_LOWBOOT08_config
icecube_5200_DDR_config
icecube_5200_DDR_LOWBOOT_config
icecube_5200_DDR_LOWBOOT08_config
icecube_5100_config

Now the U-Boot target names match the Linux kernel's default config
names. Configuration options are all uppercase.

Regards
Mark Jonas