[U-Boot-Users] Cascaded U-Boot setup question

VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE) Gerald.VanBaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Tue Apr 13 18:40:35 CEST 2004

Yup, that is the u-boot execute out of RAM issue #1 -- your new u-boot is trying to (re)initialize the RAM that it is executing out of, effectively pulling the rug out from under itself.  You have to suppress the RAM initialization and possibly other hardware initializations (issues #2-#n) in the second u-boot before you can run it.

gvb

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager.  Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.  The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.