[U-Boot-Users] Re: [patch #10/11] HUSH parser fixes.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 15 23:54:48 CEST 2004

In message <406988DC.7040408 at intracom.gr> you wrote:

> The following patch fixes various shortcomings in the
> hush parser.
>
> 1. A new test command was added. This is a simplified
>    version of the one in the sh shell.
>
> 2. A new exit command was added which terminates the
>    current executing script.
>
> 3. Handing of $? (exit code of last executed command), was
>    wrong. Instead of being evaluated in the proper place
>    it was evaluated once at the start of the evaluation.
>
>    For example the following script worked like this.
>
>    test 1 -eq 2   # set $? to 1
>    echo $?        # outputs 1
>    test 1 -eq 1   # set $? to 0
>    echo $?        # still outputs 1
>
>    Now it is fixed.

Can you please re-submit a patch whioch included these 3 items only?

> 4. The simplified parser uses '(' and ')' for enclosing variables.
>    This caused problems when migrating to hush because hash uses
>    '{' and '}'. Modified to accept parentheses too.

Sorry, but I reject this patch. I want hush to stay as  bourne  shell
compatible  as  possible. I'd much rather fix the simple command line
parser to use ``${...}'' instead.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
GUIs  are  virtually  useless.  Learn  tools.  They're  configurable,
scriptable, automatable, cron-able, interoperable, etc. We don't need
no brain-dead winslurping monolithic claptrap.
                               -- Tom Christiansen in 371140df at csnews