[U-Boot-Users] Link problem when CONFIG_NET_MULTI not set

Stephen Williams gfi8d1h02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Apr 16 18:52:17 CEST 2004

The latest CVS doesn't link if CONFIG_NET_MULTI is *not* set.
The problem is NetLoop calls eth_set_current() unconditionally,
but the implementation of that function (in net/eth.c) is not
included if CONFIG_NET_MULTI is undefined.

The attached patch fixes NetLoop to not use eth_set_current if
CONFIG_NET_MULTI is not included. I presume that the function
is compiled to save space and is really not needed in this
case.

CHANGELOG ENTRY:

* Patch by Stephen Williams, 16 April 2004:
   link of eth_set_current fails when CONFIG_NET_MULTI not used.

steve at XXXXXXXXXX           But I have promises to keep,
http://www.XXXXXXXXXX         and lines to code before I sleep,