[U-Boot-Users] v1.1.0, omap boards and udelay()

Kamat, Nishant nskamat at ti.com
Tue Apr 20 18:30:00 CEST 2004

Dave,

In versions prior 1.1.0, there was a small bug in the omap1610 port, in
that the timer was not enabled. Obviously the udelay wouldn't function
normally and so there was this busy loop to make for it. In 1.1.0 this
is fixed by enabling the MPU timers, and there is no need for the loop.
See board/omap1610inn/platform.S where MPU Timer 1 is now enabled. You
might be missing similar code in the 730's port.

That said, the same bug in 1510 is not yet fixed, and it still uses the
busy loop (in cpu/arm925t/interrupts.c). I'll send a little patch to fix
that soon.

Regards,
Nishant