[U-Boot-Users] initrd problem...

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Apr 23 16:09:22 CEST 2004

In message <4B7EDE41-952E-11D8-88A9-00039390D626 at pepper.com> you wrote:
> I am trying to use the initrd function of u-boot and I think I am
> almost there.  However it does not seem that u-boot is re-locating the
> initrd into ram from flash.  Is it supposed to do this?  U-Boot is

No, why should it doe that? It's just an  additional  memcpy()  which
takes precious boot time, especially for larger ramdisks.

> passing the address of the initrd in flash.  How can I make it
> re-locate into ram first then pass the address to the kernel.

Why would you want to do that? Just pass the address  in  flash,  and
let the Linux kernel access the ramdisk in flash...

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"The question of whether a computer can think is no more  interesting
than the question of whether a submarine can swim"
                                                - Edsgar W.  Dijkstra