[U-Boot-Users] v1.1.0, omap boards and udelay()

Dave Peverley dpeverley at mpc-data.co.uk
Mon Apr 26 11:31:31 CEST 2004

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> I implemented this fix - please check if I did it right,  and  if  it
> works as expected.

Ok, I see whats going on - the udelay code relies on the MPU timer being
set up and running. However, the code that relies on it is cpu-specific
(interrupt.c) however the setup for the timer occurs in platform.S for
the board. I would respectfully suggest if this is a prerequisite for the
udelay() function this setup ought to be performed in the cpu's start.S
rather than the boards platform.S?

I'll get this fixed and implemented (in the current platform.S way) for
the 730/P2 before submitting my patch back.

Best Wishes,

Dave Peverley