[U-Boot-Users] Newbie needing help with IBM 440 GX (OCOTEA)

Daren Hayward daren_hayward at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 27 12:51:19 CEST 2004

Hi,

I recently downloaded and setup u-boot, to create the u-boot.bin file I used
did the following

make distclean
make OCOTEA_config
make all

I then updated the flash, and booted and I get the following ...

U-Boot 1.1.1 (Apr 26 2004 - 15:15:40)

IBM PowerPC 440 GX Rev. B
Board: IBM 440GX Evaluation Board
        VCO: 1066 MHz
        CPU: 533 MHz
        PLB: 152 MHz
        OPB: 76 MHz
        EPB: 76 MHz
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  I2c read: failed 4
I2c read: failed 4
256 MB
FLASH:  5 MB
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

PCI:   Bus Dev VenId DevId Class Int
        00  01  1000  0020  0100  00
        00  01  1000  0020  0100  00
        00  03  100b  0033  0000  00
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
KGDB:  kgdb ready
ready
Net:   ppc_440x_eth0
BEDBUG:ready
=>

this is where my problems start! I have no response to anything typed on the
keyboard

any help would be appreciated, I hope this has not been covered elsewhere,
but I could not find it.

Thanks in advance

Daren