[U-Boot-Users] [RFC] NAND Flash

VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE) Gerald.VanBaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Tue Apr 27 13:46:05 CEST 2004

[snip]

> >AS or the bad block cheeking, I would rather go for the
> relocation implementation rather than the erasing the complete chip.
> >

> Me too, but it's kinda tricky...

The Toshiba NAND flash we use comes from the factory with the bad blocks already marked (they may grow more bad blocks, but the initial ones are identified during manufacturing testing).  If you erase the chip without saving the information first, you lose that valuable information.  You should check with your supplier to see how they handle it.

gvb

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager.  Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.  The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.