[U-Boot-Users] New NAND code draft

Pantelis Antoniou panto at intracom.gr
Fri Apr 30 14:05:20 CEST 2004

Hi there

In the attached patch you can see the progress of my work
in the NAND rewrite.

This is not suitable for inclusion yet.

Things that work now:

1. Correct handling of bad blocks.
2. NAND boot works
3. Updated to latest MTD snapshot.
4. Direct to NAND tftp/nfs support.

Things that are probably borked:

1. Multiple chip support (I don't have such hardware available
   and the previous code was kinda of unclear.
2. Since there is DOC support in u-boot that utilizes the old
   code and definitions I left the linux/mtd/nand.h header in
   place, and created a new mtd_nand.h header for the new stuff.
3. JFFS2 support although there is probably b0rken.
4. The read.xxx/write.xxx support is just not there yet.

I would appreciate it if you could take a look and report
back to me.

Regards

Pantelis