[U-Boot-Users] Patch for Cogent CSB336 (3)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 2 10:22:36 CEST 2004

Dear Andrea,

in message <6.0.1.1.0.20040802092442.02c40c90 at 192.168.2.1> you wrote:

> >After checking in some previous patches, you patch does not apply any
> >more. Do you think you can provide an update?
>
> the latest patch (the 3rd) provides just few changes respect to the 2nd one:
> - board init invokes SetAsynchMode();
> - bi_arch_number has been updated with the master database hosted at
> http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/machines/
> - fixed PCDR clock settings for TFT LCD panel Sharp LQ050Q5DR01

Well, it would definitely help if you followed the  instructions  for
submitting  patches  as given in the README (read: I will reject this
patch until you do).

Problems:

* There is no CHANGELOG entry nor any description what the patch does
  or why.

* There is no description that there is more than just one patch;  in
  your  posting  you wrote "download the latest patch" - how should I
  know if the "-3" suffix indicates a version or a sequence number?

* Even if I try to apply the two other patches  (which  you  did  not
  mention in your posting) it does not work. An I wrote: the code has
  changed  a  lot  -  there  is  for  example  no  such  directory as
  cpu/mc9328/

  Please also check which oiof your modifications are still  relevant
  to the current CVS source tree.

Remove this, please, from the patch you submit here.

Best regards,
Viele Grüße,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Computers are not intelligent.  They only think they are.