[U-Boot-Users] New NAND code

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 2 10:50:34 CEST 2004

In message <006701c47869$22540f50$0212000a at PCSTEFAN> you wrote:

> Dave Ellis gave a feedback (3rd May) for an earlier version of the
> rewritten code. And Wolfgang Denk mentioned on 7th June that the code
> doesn't compile (for the PPChameleon Board).

I assumed that the errors found by Dave were fixed in the new code?

> Right now the patch from 5th May doesn't even apply to the current CVS.

Yes, and this is what seriously concerns me, too, as  there  were  no
significant changes to common/cmd_nand.c in the meantime.

> Pantelis or Dave, could you give us any info about the status of the
> code? Are you still using your patch? Is there a newer version that
> applies to the current CVS? I am willing to do some testing...

There are many areas in the NAND code which look fishy. For  example,
the CFG_DIRECT_NAND_TFTP in "net/tftp.c" and "net/nfs.c" never checks
the return value of nand_store_block().

[Thanks for re-starting this discussion.]

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple,  neat,
and wrong.                                           -- H. L. Mencken