[U-Boot-Users] Re: uboot 1.1.1 reset and dataflash protection problem on AT91RM9200DK

Aras Vaichas arasv at magellan-technology.com
Tue Aug 3 02:21:55 CEST 2004

> From: <lars at se...> (Lars Munch)
> Re: uboot 1.1.1 reset and dataflash protection problem on AT91RM9200DK
> 2004-07-27 05:03
>
>  On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 02:57:31PM +1000, Aras Vaichas wrote:
>  > I have two strange problems with uboot-1.1.1 on my AT91RM9200DK.
>  >
>  > 1) It will not pass the "uncompressing image" stage from power up, but if I
>  > remove the "Boot mode select link", press reset, replace the link, press
>  > reset, the system will begin to boot.
>
>  This is not necessarily an u-boot issue. To me it looks more likely to
>  be that the loader.bin by atmel do not initialize the CPU properly
>  before loading the zipped u-boot.

I compiled a new version of the boot.bin file provided by Atmel and it boots
the old version of uboot (0.3.2) with no problems. i.e. I don't need to play
with the "boot mode select link" to make it work like I do with uboot-1.1.1.
There must be some changes between uboot-0.3.2 and uboot-1.1.1 that have caused
this problem.

output:
<press reset>

boot 1.0 (Aug  2 2004 - 12:12:24)