[U-Boot-Users] passing bootargs to Linux on NIOS

Thomas Brand thomas.brand at imms.de
Thu Aug 5 12:45:43 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm currently implementing the bootm command for the NIOS processor from
Altera. I'd like to pass boot arguments to the kernel. I tried to figure
  out how it works in other architectures, but I'm still clueless.

I call the function theKernel(...) with some arguments like I have seen
it in other implementations. Now my question is, how do I access these
arguments in the kernel?. I know the NIOS processor is passing the first
4 arguments in registers when calling a function as a subroutine. But in
the linux kernel in main.c is another call in the function
start_kernel() for a kernel specific setup [setup_arch()] which will
move the window-pointer and so change the registerfile. Therefore I
cannot access the registers directly.

Or should I just define a piece of memory to put the arguments in? It
will be hard coded in the kernel then.

Any hints? Every answer will be appreciated.

Thomas