[U-Boot-Users] PATCH: bootsplash for pxa

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 5 23:55:56 CEST 2004

Dear Himba,

in message <4112A5A7.8050609 at siol.net> you wrote:

> > -	/* 7168 = 256*4*56/8 - actually 2 pages (8192 bytes) are allocated */
> > -	params->u.videolfb.lfb_size = 7168;
> > +	params->u.videolfb.lfb_size = 80896;
> I speculated that it was just too small for any framebuffer out there
> nowadays, so I took liberty in increasing it.

You are wrong. There are 4 VFD's on the TRAB board, and this requires
only 7 kB of framebuffer.

> > [I recommend to make the actual value  configurable  in  the  board's
> > config file.]
>
> Fine. That would introduce another CONFIG_xxx variable, right?

Right.

> Or maybe we could provide FB driver with simple function that
> calculates the value upon configured LCD type and returns size
> on-the-fly instead of hardcoding it again somewhere...

That's fine with me, too. It just has to work :-)

> > This  code  looks  like  a  1:1  copy  of  the   same   function   in
> > "cpu/mpc8xx/lcd.c". Instead of duplicating the code, we should factor
> > it out into a common source file.
>
> It is from "cpu/mpc8xx/lcd.c".
> This could be put in common/ or drivers/ I presume - all common FB
> functions could be there. I haven't really compared the mpc8xx and pxa
> FB drivers in detail, but I think pxa FB is driven out of mpc8xx FB.

You are right. But with the other functions there was at  least  some
minimal difference ;-)

> OK, I'll try. Will put out RFC here in a while.

Thanks a lot!

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Too much of anything, even love, isn't necessarily a good thing.
	-- Kirk, "The Trouble with Tribbles", stardate 4525.6