[U-Boot-Users] tftp from AT91RM9200DK to Red Hat 8.0 tftp server problems

Ulf Samuelsson ulfs at dof.se
Fri Aug 6 10:57:29 CEST 2004

I have a problem doing tftp from U-Boot to my Red Hat 8.0 Linux machine.

Have upgraded the tftp server on the Linux machine to 0.34 and have checked with chkconfig
that the server is up and running.
It accepts local requests (tftp client from the Linux machine to the tftp server on the same machine)
I can ping from the AT91 board to the Linux host and back.
Downloaded atftp to the Linux host, and this does not work either.
The host is dual boot and I can tftp without problems when I  boot Win2k.

I have googled and noticed other people with similar problems connecting tftp to Red Hat.

Is there a known problem with tftp to Red Hat Linux machines in U-Boot?
The U-Boot is the original U-Boot for the AT91RM9200DK with a minor bugfix to always initialize the Ethernet.
This is more than 1 year old.
Would upgrading to a later version help this specific problem?

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson
Atmel Nordic AB