[U-Boot-Users] uboot compilation error when using the toolchain arm-elf-tools from uClinux.org

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 10 08:43:18 CEST 2004

In message <c3d0340b0408091701f3c1e29 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I checked out u-boot code from CVS today and tried to compile it for
> ARM IntegratorCP board. The cross toolchain I used is arm-elf-tools
> downloaded from uClinux.org. Unfortunately I got the following
> compilation error.
> In file included from cfi_flash.c:48:
> /u/code/denx/u-boot/include/asm/processor.h:52: parse error before `1'

Note that there is no '1' in line 52 in this file!

> /u/code/denx/u-boot/include/asm/processor.h:52: warning: no semicolon
> at end of struct or union
> /u/code/denx/u-boot/include/asm/processor.h:54: parse error before `}'
> /u/code/denx/u-boot/include/asm/processor.h:58: field `insn' has incomplete type
>
> The code is extracted from the header file processor.h.
>
> 51> union debug_insn {
> 52>      u32     arm;
> 53>      u16     thumb;
> 54> };
> 55>
> 56> struct debug_entry {
> 57>        u32                     address;
> 58>        union debug_insn        insn;
> 59> };
>
> However I really don't think there is any syntax error. It might be a
> toolchain problem?

The code compiles fine using our ELDK. It  is  probably  a  toolchain
problem,  but also check that the source tree is not corrupted and/or
stored in DOS file format.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Life would be so much easier if we could  just  look  at  the  source
code.                                                   -- Dave Olson