[U-Boot-Users] Runtime switch from uart0 to uart1?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 19 16:16:22 CEST 2004

In message <1092921384.24546.9.camel at pavement.sandburst.com> you wrote:

> After having read the README and some code, I was wondering if there is
> a way to switch, at runtime (rather than at compile time) from UART0 to
> UART1.
>
> The board is the ocotea, ppc440gx, u-boot 1.1.2, build tools from ELDK3

Not out of the box. But doc/README.serial_multi shows what we did  on
MPC8xx  processors; this can be used as a starting point to extend it
for 4xx as well.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
That said, there may be good reasons for what you did beyond obsequi-
ous sycophantic parody. Perhaps you might be so kind as to elucidate.
         -- Tom Christiansen in <5ldjbm$jtk$1 at csnews.cs.colorado.edu>