[U-Boot-Users] Uncompressing uImage: inflate() returned -3

Amit Shah shahamit at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 21:46:23 CEST 2004

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 20:10:12 +0200, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> In message <877aabc404082310482a315b4d at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> > But the post-Linux problem still remains: my BDI has gone for a
> > replacement, so I have to use some early putchars with the UART that
> > was initialized by u-boot. I place two putchars in early_init in
> > arch/ppc/kernel/setup.c, but I just see one. So does that mean my
> > stack's getting corrupted?
>
> Probably your second putchar is after the MMU has been turned on  and
> it  the  cause  for the crash. Remove this code, and use post-morthem
> dumps of the logbuf buffer. See the FAQ section in the DULG.

I meant 'I've put two putchars one after the other'. I see the first
char printed, but not the second. That's what's making me doubt the
stack.

About the log buffer: nothing in them. I'll probably have to
initialize it 'earlier' in early_init and then figure out something.
--
Amit Shah
http://amitshah.nav.to/